Rome Riverside Campground
The Bark River
A number of people stay at the Rome Riverside Campground for the purpose of being in the vicinity of the Bark River. The Bark River offers whitewater paddling and fishing.
The Bark River was the lifeline of the early settlement of Rome. It supported nearly all early industries for growth and sustenance. in 1842, settlers Myron Smith and S.D. Tenney dammed the river creating Rome Mill Pond, the largest in the state at that time. Today Rome is a nature lover's paradise offering canoeing, hunting, angling and bird watching. Stay the night under the stars at Rome Riverside Campground.
Offering hiking trails and outdoor recreation, in the vicinity of Kettle Moraine State Forest South.
There are so many exciting things to do near Rome Riverside Campground.
* Pease's Bark River Lanes ( All season's restaurant, sports men's bar, Bowling)
* Lauderdale Lakes Marina is nearby.
* Knollwood Farm for horse riding.
* Golfing at Eagle Springs Golf Resort
* Shopping at Woodfield Mall
* In Good Spirits Bar (the ultimate place to meet up with friends. Live music several times each month.
* Pickets Country Store
* Fireside Dinner Theatre
* Vetro Winery -wine tasting
* Jefferson County Dog Park
*Johnson Creek Premium Outlets
* World's greatest Junk Parade
* Rome Pond and Wildlife area and park
* Jefferson County Fair
* The Glacial Heritage Area is a network of parks, wildlife and natural areas.
"Glacial River Bike Trail"
|Driving directions to Alpine Valley Resort|
Alpine Valley Resort
W2501 County Road D
Elkhorn, WI 53121